We've thrown open the windows to let in the warm air and the cool breezes. It feels good, like we're cleaning out the old - the solitude of winter - to make way for the new - communion with birds and flowers, neighbors and friends.
It's not yet June, but it's summer.
With the windows up in the living room, our front screened porch has extended our apartment, and we spend as much time in our plastic adirondack chairs as possible.
I don't want to cook when I get home in the evenings. I want to whip up something refreshing and full of vegetables and eat it on the porch.
This creamy quinoa salad packs all the nutrients you need into one bowl, and the dill dressing from Oh She Glows is my newest obsession.
Dill tastes like summer, and I want to eat it on everything. Dishes have become vessels for dill.
This one is less of a recipe and more of an invitation to open the door of your refrigerator and start chopping whatever you find. You can't really go wrong with this salad.
Creamy Quinoa Salad
2 cups uncooked quinoa
One batch dill dressing from Oh She Glows
Vegetables (I used tomatoes, a yellow pepper, sugar snap peas, edamame, and some arugula as a garnish)
Anything else your heart desires (chickpeas, artichokes, hearts of palm, raisins, almond slivers, sunflower seeds - seriously, go crazy)
1. Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
2. Put the cooked quinoa in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes while you chop up the vegetables.
3. Add the chopped veggies (or other additions) to the quinoa.
4. Prepare the dill dressing and mix it thoroughly into the quinoa and vegetables.
5. Serve! I topped mine with some arugula and feta cheese. Yum!